So what is Sarah Hoyt's Darkship Renegades, you ask?
Why, it's the eagerly-awaited sequel to the Prometheus Award Winning Darkship Thieves, in which Thena discovers the worst tyranny might be one that happens so slowly you never rebel, and also that home is the place you’ll fight for. (With burner battles, spaceships, a hot red-headed girl engineer and a mad cyborg.)
According to Baen's website:
After rescuing her star pilot husband and discovering the dark secret of her own past on Earth, Athena Hera Sinistra returns to space habitat Eden to start life anew. Not happening. Thena and Kit are placed under arrest for the crime of coming back alive. The only escape from a death sentence: return to Earth and bring back the lost secret to creating the Powertrees, the energy source of both Eden and Earth whose technological secrets have been lost to war. But that mission is secondary to a greater imperative. Above all else, Thena must not get caught. If she does, then suicide is to be the only option.The cover art is as cool as the book, and is by David Mattingly.
With the odds heavily stacked against not only success, but survival, Thena comes to understand what her cynical accusers do not: it is not merely one woman's life on the line anymore. For it's on Earth where the adventure truly begins, and a secret is discovered that must be revealed and exploited, else humanity's days are most certainly numbered. Thena realizes that what is truly at stake is the fate of Eden and Earth alike, the continuance of the darkship fleet—and freedom for all in the Solar System—and beyond.
here. Unless you want it in ebook format, and that's here.
To buy Darkship Renegades, go here for print, and here for ebook.
Now, if you want something REALLY cool, I have authorization from Sarah to have a contest for a Darkship Renegades t-shirt! There won't be very many of these, folks, so this is primo! It's going to be a trivia contest. Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Here we go:
- Name at least one book I have co-authored with Travis S. Taylor. (points for more than one)
- Name at least one book I have co-authored with Darrell Bain. (points for more than one)
- Name the artist who does the covers for almost all my books.
- Name another book of Sarah A. Hoyt's that is NOT one of the Darkship books. (points for more than one)
- Name my three principal publishers.
- Name one fiction book I have written entirely by myself. (points for more than one)
- Name one nonfiction book I have written entirely by myself. (points for more than one)
- What series did Travis start, but I am finishing?
- On what television show does Travis star?
- What network is it on?
- In what city does Sarah live?
- What is the song based on my hometown?
- Name one genre other than SF in which Sarah writes. (points for more than one)
- Name another author Travis has collaborated with. (points for more than one)
- Give one of Sarah's pen names. (points for more than one)